Hello ladies! Thank you for being here and your support!
We wanted to start this note so we have 1 location to find all the information!! We will update as details come about and will answer questions as we can. This note will include sponsors, raffle items, costs of the event (raffle tickets,drinks, ect) and any fun surprises that come out along the way.
Mom Prom is a catchy name but it is for women 21 and older! It is an event that shows the wonderful things women can do when working together-dancing,having fun and raising money for a great cause! All proceeds go directly to Nebraska Adaptive Sports, a 501c3 nonprofit providing adaptive opportunities for those with disabilities.
Dress code-it is a Prom so have fun with a girls night out! Dress up, dress 80’s, dress wedding, or rock that bridesmaid dress you paid $200 on. Be ready to move and groove as the night goes on!
The non profit we are fundraising for is the Nebraska Red Dawgs, the youth wheelchair team of Nebraska Adaptive Sports. This basketball team consists of youth ages 6 to 19 from Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska. They drive from across the state to have a chance to play a team sport that is competitive, since many of them do not have adaptive sports in their hometown. Many of these kids can not play sports as their friends, so instead of being on the sideline, they come to build a team and gain a family. All the youth have a lower limb disability that includes Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, or a youth injury. But they refuse to let that keep them from participating and being active.
So why them? The Red Dawgs are fundraiser and donation driven to keep the cost down for families that incur significant medical costs. Since wheelchair basketball is not common, they have to travel a lot to compete with other teams. Instead of families choosing between often the only sport available for their child and bills, this is to help the families not have to make the choice.
- February 29th, 2020 at the Soiree Room. 7 pm arrival and red carpet with music 730 to 1130 pm.
Raffles sales close at 10:45 with drawing at 11 pm
- Tickets: Online sales will open November 1st 2019 for $30. They will stay open until event or sold out! 300 max
- If you want to reserve a table for 10 to guarantee seating for you and your friends, there is an additional cost of $50 a table. Send an email to email@example.com and an invoice will be sent to you from paypal. Tickets are not included in table price.
- Accommodations: There is a block of rooms reserved at the Fairfield by Marriott Omaha Northwest 7101 N 102nd Circle Omaha NE 68122. It is walking distance from venue. There is breakfast available the next am.
- Call the hotel at 402-999-8089 and mention Mom Prom when you book. Prices are $109 f0r 2 queen beds, $104 for 1 king bed, and $114 for a king bed and a sofa bed. Say hi to Angie when you call! She’s great!
- Raffles: The cost of tickets will be 1 for $1, 6 for $5, 12 for $10, or 30 for $20.
- Bigger raffle items: $5 a ticket
- Stephanie Moss Salon Basket
- Kendra Scott Jewelry Set
- Lucky Bucket Tour
- Dooney & Bourke Purse
- Blackstone Experience Package
- Red Carpet Photography-Brown Imaging. Want the file to print? $5 first image with an additional $2 for each image after. They will come touched up and with a copyright release.
**PLEASE REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY AND HAVE PLANS TO GET HOME SAFELY. SECURITY GUARD WILL BE AT EVENT AND BARTENDERS WILL CUT YOU OFF**